Team up with etheridge roofing
Commercial Roofing Estimator
Join the Etheridge Roofing Team!
Etheridge Roofing, a well established and award-winning commercial roofing company, is seeking an experienced Commercial Roofing Estimator. You will prepare accurate estimates for projects by gathering information from invitations to bid, downloaded plans, and specifications to analyze important metrics. You will provide knowledge of cost and benefits that support profitable business decisions. You must be thorough, organized, and apt at managing relationships with key persons. The goal is to provide detailed reports so the company can make informed decisions that will enhance its profitability and growth.
1211 TARBORO STREET W. WILSON, NC 27893
Why Work With Us?
- 100% Company-paid BCBS health insurance.
- 100% Company-paid life insurance.
- Competitive salary, plus bonus plan $100,000+ possible with bonus, based on experience
- Company match retirement plan.
- Paid vacation/holidays beginning day one
- No travel to job sites involved.
- Low-stress environment.
- All this from a small company where you can make a difference.
- You are not a number here, you are part of a team.
- Determine key variables for cost and other estimates
- Use Edge Estimating software for take-offs, data analysis, forecasting, and budgeting
- Perform risk analysis. Determines on a project-by-project basis, company interest in bidding given project.
- Build relationships with customers, suppliers, architects, etc.
- Prepare and present detailed weekly reports for weekly management meetings.
- Actively participate as a member of our management team
- Determine the RFI/clarification/substitution request deadline and submit as needed.
- Thoroughly review the spec, drawings details, and other id docs to fully understand the essence of each project and ensure we comply with all products and requirements as outlined.
- Attend pre-bid meetings and /or visit the site as needed/required. Measure, evaluate, and perform test cuts for re-roofing projects.
- Evaluate potential value engineering of betterments and determine the best way to handle these potential changes on each project.
- Obtain necessary material and subcontractor quotes. Ensure they meet project requirements and evaluate best overall pricing to be used in the final bid.
- Produce and send complete bid proposal outlining specific scope of work, specification sections incorporated in the bid, and exclusions/other clarifications form the bid.
- Regularly maintain DATABASE as required for all upcoming bids, bids submitted, and follow up activity to customer.
- Perform budget evaluations for GC/customer during the pre-construction and design process of projects to establish a relationship that allows us the opportunity for last look at project pricing.
- Prepare and submit submittal packages as required.
- Set up, prepare for and lead Hand Off meetings according to current processes and procedures.
- Proven experience as a commercial roofing estimator, submittals or Re-Roofing field experience.
- Ability to read/interpret architectural drawings and perform project take-offs electronically.
- Knowledgeable of a variety of roofing systems. (TPO, PVC, Standing Seam, Duro-Last)
- Exquisite math and IT ability with an analytical mindset.
- Proficient in roofing estimating software.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook. (MS Access is a plus)
- Outstanding communication and negotiation abilities
- Thoroughness and reliability
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent presentation, communication, writing, and listening skills.
- Strong problem analysis/solving ability
3 years’ experience as a commercial roofing estimator
Valid driver’s license
- Experience with Edge estimating software or equivalent is a must
Working at our office is preferred, but hybrid/remote could be a possibility
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate
- Wilson, NC 27893: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- How many years of estimating software experience do you have
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Construction roofing estimating: 3 years (Preferred)
- Commercial roofing: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: One location