Commercial Roofing Estimator
Wilson, NC 27893
Salary: $50,000.00 to $65,000.00 a year
Etheridge Roofing, a well established and award-winning commercial roofing company, is seeking an experienced Commercial Roofing Estimator. You will prepare accurate estimates for projects by gathering information from invitations to bid, downloaded plans, and specifications to analyze important metrics. You will provide knowledge of cost and benefits that support profitable business decisions. You must be thorough, organized, and apt at managing relationships with key persons. The goal is to provide detailed reports so the company can make informed decisions that will enhance its profitability and growth.
Why work with us
- 100% Company-paid BCBS health insurance.
- 100% Company-paid life insurance.
- Competitive salary, based on experience
- Company match retirement plan.
- Paid vacation/holidays
- No travel to job sites involved.
- Low-stress environment.
- All this from a small company where you can make a difference.
- You are not a number here you are part of a team.
- Understand the project/program and its requirements
- Determine key variables for cost and other estimates
- Conduct research to obtain data on labor costs, materials, production times, etc.
- Use Edge Estimating software for take-offs, data analysis, forecasting, and budgeting
- Obtain and review offers and quotes by subcontractors or vendors
- Perform risk analysis
- Create and submit estimate reports or bids to appropriate persons (project managers, clients, bidding competitions, etc.)
- Build relationships with key vendors (subcontractors, suppliers, engineers, etc.)
- Prepare and present detailed weekly reports for weekly management meetings.
- Activity participate as a member of our management team.
- Proven experience as a commercial roofing estimator.
- Ability to read/interpret architectural drawings and perform project take-offs electronically.
- Knowledgeable of a variety of roofing systems. (TPO, PVC, Standing Seam, Duro-Last)
- Exquisite math and IT ability with an analytical mindset.
- Proficient in Edge estimating software.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook. (MS Access is a plus)
- Outstanding communication and negotiation abilities
- Thoroughness and reliability
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent presentation, communication, writing, and listening skills.
- 3 years experience as a commercial roofing estimator
- Valid drivers license
- Experience with Edge estimating software