Wilson, NC 27893
Etheridge Roofing, a well-established an award-winning commercial roofing company, is seeking an experienced Commercial Re-Roofing Estimator. You will prepare accurate estimates for projects by meeting with customers, gathering information from invitations to bid, downloaded plans, and specifications to analyze important metrics and site visits. You will provide knowledge of cost and benefits that support profitable business decisions. You must be thorough, organized, and apt at managing relationships with key persons. The goal is to provide detailed reports so the company can make informed decisions that will enhance its profitability and growth.
Why work with us
- 100% Company-paid BCBS health insurance.
- 100% Company-paid life insurance.
- Competitive salary, based on experience
- Company match retirement plan.
- Paid vacation/holidays
- Low-stress environment.
- All this from a small company where you can make a difference.
- You are not a number here you are part of a team.
- Company Vehicle
- Determine key variables for cost and other estimates
- Use Edge Estimating software for take-offs, data analysis, forecasting, and budgeting
- Perform risk analysis. Determines on a project-by-project basis, company interest in bidding given project.
- Build relationships with customers, suppliers, architects, etc.
- Prepare and present detailed weekly reports for weekly management meetings.
- Actively participate as a member of our management team
- Determine the RFI/clarification/substitution request deadline and submit as needed.
- Thoroughly review the spec, drawings details, and other id docs to fully understand the essence of each project and ensure we comply with all products and requirements as outlined.
- Attend pre-bid meetings and /or visit the site as needed/required. Measure, evaluate, and perform test cuts for re-roofing projects.
- Evaluate potential value engineering of betterments and determine the best way to handle these potential changes on each project.
- Obtain necessary material and subcontractor quotes. Ensure they meet project requirements and evaluate best overall pricing to be used in the final bid.
- Produce and send complete bid proposal outlining specific scope of work, specification sections incorporated in the bid, and exclusions/other clarifications form the bid.
- Regularly maintain DATABASE as required for all upcoming bids, bids submitted, and follow up activity to customer.
- Perform budget evaluations for GC/customer during the pre-construction and design process of projects to establish a relationship that allows us the opportunity for last look at project pricing.
- Prepare and submit submittal packages as required.
- Set up, prepare for and lead Hand Off meetings according to current processes and procedures.
- Proven experience as a commercial roofing estimator, submittals or Re-Roofing field experience.
- Ability to read/interpret architectural drawings and perform project take-offs electronically.
- Knowledgeable of a variety of roofing systems. (TPO, PVC, Standing Seam, Duro-Last)
- Exquisite math and IT ability with an analytical mindset.
- Proficient in roofing estimating software.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook. (MS Access is a plus)
- Outstanding communication and negotiation abilities
- Thoroughness and reliability
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent presentation, communication, writing, and listening skills.
- Strong problem analysis/solving ability
- 3 years’ experience as a commercial roofing estimator
- Associates/Bachelor’s degree are a plus
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience with roofing estimating software
- Extremely high attention to detail
- Motivated and professional
- Positive attitude
- Requires climbing ladders and scaffolds.
- Requires considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body in order to climb, lift, balance, walk and handle materials.